On our previous post about SEO, we discussed what it was and what it does. Now that you have a better understanding of this, the next question that will probably pop up in your mind is, "How exactly can it help grow my business?"
To fully understand how SEO can help grow your business, it's essential to first get a basic understanding of how search engines have impacted how we use the interet. According to StatCounter, 92% of search is done through Google. This number has been like this for a long time and surprisingly, experts predict it will stay this way for the foreseeable future! Couple that with the fact that over 92% of online experiences start with a search, it doesn't take a genius to see how important SEO is. But wait, there's more! Turns out 75% of searchers never scroll past the first page of search results. This means there's a world of difference when it comes to whether you rank on the first page or not. It's scary, we know!
A Deeper Look
Now that you're fully convinced on why it's important to have your SEO done properly, it's time to know how exactly SEO does its wonders. It all really boils down to one thing: getting your website more traffic, and more of the right kind of traffic. Let's take a deeper look at how SEO helps your business:
- Improved search engine ranking - SEO improves your search engine ranking. And the higher your rank, the more helpful SEO becomes!
- More leads - Traffic gives you leads and leads give you sales. Simple!
- ART of SEO - SEO, when done properly, gives your website: Authority, Relevancy and Trust. These things are critical in building your website's long-term online presence.
- Brand awareness - Appearing constantly on searches allows your brand to better stick in users' memories. Putting you in a better position to convert.
- Social media visibility - This goes hand in hand with the previous point. Not everyone who visits your website will net you a sale. But you can use traffic to further increase your online presence by placing social media sharing links throughout your website. What better way to be known than through online word of mouth?
- Better ROI - SEO is frequently touted as a cost effective way of marketing especially when compared to traditional sources of marketing, even better when coupled with pay-per-click advertising!
- SEO works 24/7 - While SEO isn't a one time set-it-and-forget-it thing, it's also not a person. As long as you keep your website's SEO up-to-date with modern trends and best practices, it will keep giving your website more traffic!
How Do I Start?
By now you're probably brimming with enthusiasm to get your website to the top of search results, so now you ask, "How and where do I start with my SEO?" That question will be covered on our third blog post of this mini series! Be sure to subscribe to be notified of when this becomes available! Also, you can check out the first post of the series here.
Need a custom website? Leave to the professionals. Contact us today for pricing details (951) 479-5411